why you should meditate
Some benefits of meditation include:
- Meditation has great calming effects. Research has shown that EEG activity actually decreases during meditation. Meditation also helps you to recharge so you have more energy throughout the day.
- The practice increases the blood flow in your brain, and according to one neurophysiologist, “rewires the circuitry in your brain”.
- It’s been proven that people who meditate need less sleep.
- Meditation makes your brain age slower and increases the amount of grey matter in your brain. Grey matter is responsible for muscle control, seeing, hearing, memory, emotions, and speech.
- Meditation makes it much easier to focus and achieve flow, that feeling of being completely immersed and energised by something. It also allows you to procrastinate less, and get more done in the same amount of time.
- The practice has been even shown to boost students’ test scores (by 11% in one study)!
- Meditation helps your mind defragment your thoughts so you can make better sense of them, and step away from them to gain perspective.
Needless to say, there are a ton of benefits to adopting a regular meditation practice, and these are just a few of them.